Dr Lata Satyen together with Chair in Health Psychology, Professor John Toumbourou, both of whom are Co-Convenors of the DRVAW Hub, have recently supervised a new and innovative study into family violence experienced by women tertiary students. John, Lata and PhD Psychology student Laura Zark’s most recent research project surveyed women students from Australia’s states and institutions, including TAFEs. Laura’s study is the first in Australia to examine the experiences of family and intimate partner violence among tertiary students in Australia. Congratulations Laura, Lata and John. Read more about the study here.
- This week’s news shines a light on an innovative new study examining Australian tertiary students’ experiences of family violence
- Dr Renee Fiolet’s DRVAW presentation on ‘The Burndawan Project: A co-designed Indigenous resource for family violence’.
- “This week’s news has put sexual assault survivors at risk of ‘secondary trauma’. Here’s how it happens, and how to cope” by Drs. Mary Iliadis, Bianca Fileborn and Rachel Loney-Howes
- Adversarial Justice and Victims’ Rights
- Launch of the Deakin Research on Violence Against Women Hub